Employers wishing to list openings for Certified Medical Assistants® or medical assistants should send listings to: email@example.com Please include full details of the job posting and contact information in case there are any questions. Listings will be removed after 30-90 days. NCSMA provides this free service to employers and is not responsible for the content of any of the listings.
2/19/20 - Credentialed Medical AssistantWake Forest Baptist Health
High Point, NC
WFBH Pain Center- Premier is seeking a Credentialed Medical Assistant to join their team on a full time basis in High Point.
The Credentialed Medical Assistant, under the direction of a physician, assists in the examination and treatment of patients by interviewing patient and measuring vital signs. May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis. Functions as a member of the care team. Prepares examination room. Serves as communication liaison between provider and patient. Education Requirements Completion from a reputable Medical Assisting program and certification as a Certified Medical Assistant is required. Minimum of a High School Diploma (or equivalent) is required. Associate’s Degree or higher preferred.
Experience One or more years of experience as a Credentialed Medical Assistant in a clinic environment preferred.
Required Certifications CMA certification through AAMA and American Heart Association BLS Provider certification.
Click on the following link to apply directly to this position: https://psappprd1.is.wfubmc.edu:8022/psp/eppro/EMPLOYEE/B_NAV_HR/c/HRS_HRAM.HRS_CE.GBL?HRS_PERSON_ID=0&PAGE=HRS_CE_JOB_DTL&Action=A&JobOpeningId=38219&SiteId=1
1/30/2020- Adjunct Instructor- Medical Assisting
This position is responsible for providing effective instruction for assigned courses.
Responsibilities and Duties (*Essential Functions) To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions herein described.
*Provides didactic and or skills laboratory instruction as assigned by medical assisting Department Head
*Maintains accurate records of student work and attendance
*Prepares thoroughly for each instructional hour
*Maintains a safe and orderly learning environment
*Grades and returns student work in a timely manner
*Counsels students regarding their grades and progress in the course
Schedules regular office hours for consultation and academic advising with students
Maintains current certifications/license/credentials to practice in their profession
Utilizes a variety of instructional evaluation methods considering learning styles and teaching/learning theory
Participates in ongoing curriculum evaluation and recommend curriculum changes as appropriate to the changing needs of the program
Provides advising and academic planning for students
Participates in appropriate professional development activities
Collaborates with the Clinical Coordinator/Department Chair and with the clinical agencies to ensure appropriate clinical placement for all students
12/16/2020- Full-Time Certified Medical Assistant
The position documents verbatim all information conveyed by the patient throughout the examination and assists and directs day to day delivery of health care and patient care management. This position reports directly to the Nurse Supervisor; and receives supervision from the following: Physicians, Medical Providers, Registered Nurses, and the Practice Administrator.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Responsible for documenting the practice’s medical records and all information conveyed by the patient throughout the examination verbatim.
• Prepares patients for examination and treatment by escorting them from the waiting area to the exam room. Takes patient’s history (HPI), determines chief complaint, verifies their medical and surgical histories, current medications, etc., and takes vital signs if applicable.
• Protects patients’ rights by maintaining confidentiality of personal and financial information and follows HIPAA regulations.
• Verifies patients’ insurance and accurately enters the patient’s information into the NexTech database.
• Reports to Practice Administrator for administrative duties and to the Nurse Supervisor for clinical duties.
• Maintains operations by following policies and procedures and reports changes as needed.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results, as needed.
• Routinely demonstrates superior customer service skills.
• Communicates with patients, internal as well as external customers, in a courteous, professional, cooperative & mature manner.
• Prior to surgery, reviews and completes required surgical documents prior to appointment with recent test results and correspondence and determines needed services per practice protocol.
• Prior to patient visit, confers with Medical Provider regarding any incomplete patient tests/consults or other incomplete orders.
• Responds to patient communications. Contacts patients regarding test results and schedules further surgical treatment(s).
• Prepares, cleans, stocks and maintains exam and treatment rooms daily.
• Cleans and sterilizes all necessary instruments.
• Prior to treatment, ensures that all proper consents have been reviewed, initialed, signed and dated by the patient.
• Gives injections, assists with examinations and office procedures as needed; and provides other patient care services as directed by the Medical Providers.
• Performs suture removals as directed by the Medical Providers.
• Verifies that all assigned telephone encounters have been attended to daily.
• Upon Medical Providers orders, ensures that the delivery/transmittal of prescriptions is being completed and responds to medication requests per practice protocol.
• Prepares and maintains clinical supplies and equipment.
• Verifies all patient/specimen information corresponds with tissue specimen(s). Records tissue specimen(s) and enters them into log.
• Triages and responds to patient communications per practice policy.
• Assists with scheduling tests and treatments, and processing referrals to other providers.
• Responsible for abiding by the Standards of Conduct and meets all compliance training requirements.
• Participates in professional development activities and maintains professional affiliations.
• Effectively uses EMR system to document patient records using proper English grammar, spelling, and syntax.
• Creates, maintains, copies and files patient encounters, records and other information as needed.
• Maintains strict confidentiality.
• Communicates with team members in a courteous, professional, cooperative and mature manner.
• Treats staff, physicians, visitors and patients with dignity and respect.
• Adheres to Code of Conduct and Mission & Value Statement.
• Participates in special projects as needed.
• Maintains regular and predictable attendance.
• Performs other essential duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Knowledge of medical practice and care.
• Knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
• Knowledge of medical equipment and instruments.
• Knowledge of common safety hazards and precautions.
• Ability to assist in a variety of common office procedures.
• Ability to take vital signs if applicable.
• Ability to develop and maintain clinical quality assurance.
• Skills in identifying and resolving problems.
• Ability to maintain records and record test results.
• Ability to interpret, adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
• Ability to multi-task (high paced work environment).
• Ability to adapt daily to numerous changes in scheduling procedures.
• Ability to use good reasoning and judgment and react calmly in emergency situations.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, medical staff, co-workers and the public.
• Ability to read, write and communicate effectively orally and in writing in English.
• The ability to work independently and in a group setting, high integrity, reasonable and thoughtful judgment, a sense of urgency and analytical and intuitive skills.
• Dedicated to follow-thru and results.
• Knowledge of basic arithmetic and medical terminology.
• Proficiency in the operation of a computer keyboard (30 WPM minimum) and ability to work effectively with Microsoft Office Products.
• Experience with and ability to proficiently use the NexTech program preferred.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
• Current Medical Assistant Certification required.
• One year medical experience in a physician’s office or equivalent combination of training and experience preferred; will train a highly-motivated new graduate.
• Stand for extended periods of time; push, pull and reach; occasionally bend, sit, stoop and stretch.
• Have full range of body motion, including handling and lifting of patients.
• Have the hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity needed to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and medical equipment.
• Have a normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate appropriate reports; specific vision requirements: close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
• Occasionally lift and carry up to 20 pounds.
• Relocate to other jobs or office locations.
• Maintain professional certification if applicable.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and good driving record.
• 40 hours a week unless part-time.
• Work at other jobs or office locations, as required.
• Night or weekend work required dependent on position.
• Occasional travel may be required.
Please apply at the link below:
12/13/2019- Avance Care
Avance Care is nationally recognized as a Patient Centered Medical Home. Our staff focuses on patient-centered
care including open scheduling, expanded hours and the appropriate use of health information
systems. We aim to improve quality of care while lowering costs for patients and insurance
companies by increasing access to more efficient, coordinated care.
OPEN POSITIONS (click here for detailed job descriptions)
-Full Time Patient Coordinator
-Full-Time Medical Assistant
Lexington Family Physicians
102 West Medical Park Drive
Lexington NC 27292
Full Time Clinical Position
One evening shift a week is required. Our office is open M-Th 8-8pm and 8-5 on Fridays.
Family Practice experience a plus!
Resume’ only- no calls
Please send resume’ to Mary Hester,LPN/CMA at firstname.lastname@example.org
Benefits include but not limited to:
2 weeks paid vacation after 1 year of service
2 weeks paid sick time after 3 months of employment
16hrs personal time after 3 months of employment
11/20/2019- New Hanover Regional Medical Center – Now Hiring a Medical Assistant. Click here to apply
UNC Health Care Jobs are available! Search here.Various locations available.
Duke Nursing. Search Certified Medical Assistant posting here.
FastMed Urgent Care. Positions open! View them here.
Appalachian Mountain Community Health Centers, Tallulah location. See information here.
Vidant Health, various locations. Search the listing here.
ON-GOING & PERMANENT LINKS TO JOBS AROUND THE STATE HERE